Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Recipe for a Successful First Year of Marriage

First Year Anniversary Lasagna:
1- Pound Italian sausage
5- cloves of garlic (or in my husbands case 5 BULBS of oven roasted garlic)
3- tablespoons whole basil
3- teaspoons salt
1- 1-pound can or fresh tomatoes
2- 6 oz cans tomato paste
10- ounces lasagna noodles(Husband says fresh noodles are mandatory)
2- eggs
3- cups fresh Ricotta or cream-style cottage cheese (I say why not BOTH!)
1/2- cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese (more cheese the better imo)
1- pound mozzarella cheese (YUMMY!)
1- can chopped black olives (or mushrooms)
2- tablespoons parsley flakes
3- teaspoons pepper
3- teaspoons crushed chilly pepper (if you like things HOT)
5- oz. Good quality tequila (optional)
1- Dash of a whole lot of love


Yesterday, I celebrated my first year anniversary with my wonderful husband Duffy. To celebrate, my awesome husband made us the worlds best lasagna...literally! It was so good, in fact, it HAD to be blogged about...it was blog worthy.

To give you a bit of a background, I am a Hypnotherapist and Success Coach. I am passionate about helping others achieve their goals and dreams. When I am not working with clients to quit smoking, achieve their health goals or over come their fears, you can find me in the kitchen cooking up a storm!

I have ALWAYS loved cooking. I have found it therapeutic and relaxing. Feeding my family and friends has been an outlet for my creativity and my love. Now, over the years I have adjusted my style of cooking to accommodate healthier lifestyles, but these changes have been fuel for the creative fire. I have lost over 30lb and kept it off though my healthy (and YUMMY) cooking, hypnosis and easy work outs!

I am dedicated to an ongoing lifestyle of health, wealth and happiness not only for myself and my husband but also for all of my clients, students and readers.

After all, I better practice what I preach! So, please join me as I share with you my successes and my healthy, and yes YUMMY, recipes! You can also subscribe to my newsletter where I share in greater detail easy to follow recipes for success at pgsnews.com!

Instructions for the worlds best lasagna:

  • Brown meat slowly; spoon off excess fat.
  • Add next:

1- Pound Italian sausage
5- cloves of garlic (or in my husbands case 5 BULBS of oven roasted garlic)
3- tablespoons whole basil
3- teaspoons salt
1- 1-pound can or fresh tomatoes
2- 6 oz cans tomato paste
1- can chopped black olives (or mushrooms)
3- teaspoons pepper
3- teaspoons crushed chilly pepper (if you like things HOT)
5- oz. Good quality tequila (optional) -Add to sauce near the end of simmering

  • Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  • Meanwhile, cook noodles in a large pot of water till tender; drain; rinse.
  • While cooking noodles, beat eggs with food processor or other machine,
  • Add to beating eggs:

3- cups fresh Ricotta or cream-style cottage cheese (I say why not BOTH!)
1/2- cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese (more cheese the better imo)
2- tablespoons parsley flakes

  • Preheat oven to 375F (400F in higher altitudes)
  • Layer half the noodles in 13x9x2 inch baking dish; spread with half the Ricotta filling; add half the mozzarella cheese and half the meat sauce. Repeat.
  • Bake for 30-40 min with no cover. Let stand for 10 min.

Serves 6-8 and remember to serve with a whole lot of love and sign up for my newsletter at pgsnews.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment