Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hypnotic Hot Peppers anyone?

When recently asked “how does hypnosis feel?” by a client of mine, it reminded me of this special dish that my husband deemed in my TOP TEN OF ALL TIME DINNERS, “Stew 'n Peppers”.

For me, this dish can be whatever you want it to be. It can be mild with a surprising kick, or bouncing with flavor and the comfort of home. There is something comforting about trance. It does feel like home. I mean, you are connecting with yourself after all! It feels safe, warm and familiar... Often times my clients are pleasantly surprised at how buoyant and happy they feel from the experience of communicating with the deepest parts of their inner voice. When you can connect with that which is deep inside you, you will often find you open a flood gate of love and peace that you have never fully allowed yourself to be in touch with consciously.

Since hypnosis is a natural state of mind, my clients are often surprised that they can hear every word.
Feelings of being mellow, weightless and euphoric are often experienced as well....all feelings I had last night enjoying a heaping plate full of “Stew 'n Peppers” with Duffy and my friend Katherine-Anne (who named the dish for me).

12 Anaheim peppers
1 large can of black beans or your favorite beans
1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese (low fat is good)
1 jar of Mexican red sauce or 1-2 cups of V8
12 shiitake mushrooms
1 tbs garlic powder
1 tbs salt
1 tbs black pepper
1 tbs olive oil or cold pressed coconut oil
1 tbs crushed chilly peppers (if you are into that sort of thing...I love the burn!)

Add 2lb of your favorite protein. Last night we had lean beef. You can add fish, hard boiled eggs or chicken as an alternative. I suggest cooking your protein separate and adding it at the end like I did. I slow cooked my lean stewing beef in V8 juice for 9 hours in my slow cooker.

Oil your large baking dish, preheat oven to 400F, cut just the very tops off the peppers and place them into the oven to cook for 15-20 minutes. You can also blanch them instead. Once they are tender, take them out. Add the can of beans, the sauce or V8, shiitake mushrooms and the spices. Place back in the oven topless for another 15-20 min. For the last 5 min add the cheese to the top.

Serves 4-6 people with your choice of protein and lots of love! You can also add fresh cilantro on top and a squeeze of lime for that extra 'trancy' feel! ENJOY!

Visit my other blog on hypnosis and learn more about trance here!

No comments:

Post a Comment